Hides Fine Foods’ Veggie Chilli
- 450 grams dried Hides Fine Foods Red Kidney Beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 4 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 800 grams chopped tomatoes
- 170g tomato paste
- 250g passata
- 2 tbsp cumin ground
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- 1.5 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- Coriander to garnish
- Rinse the Hides Fine Foods Red Kidney Beans and leave them to soak overnight.
- Drain the kidney beans and place in a large pot.
- Heat up the oil in another pan and sauté the onions until soft, then add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the garlic and onion mixture into the pot with the kidney beans.
- Pour in the stock, tinned tomatoes, passata and tomato paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove the lid and turn down to a low simmer.
- Cook for one hour and keep checking to see if the chilli needs some more stock or water.
- Around the hour mark, check to see if the kidney beans are soft. Cook for a little longer if they’re not soft yet.
- Season further to taste and garnish with corrainder!
You can also find us here:
The information in this article is correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. Hides Fine Foods takes no responsibility for the subsequent use or application of the information provided in this article.