Our Website’s Terms and Conditions: Last updated: 31/07/2019
Definitions and Interpretation:
In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
- “Content” means any and all text, images, audio, video, scripts, code, software, databases and any other form of information capable of being stored on a computer that appears on, or forms part of, Our Site; and
- “We/Us/Our” means Hides Fine Foods Ltd whose address is Pittington Road, Rainton Gate, County Durham, DH5 9RG
Information About Us:
Our Site, https://www.hidesfinefoods.com, is owned and operated by us.
Access to Our Site:
- Access to Our Site is free of charge. No part of Our Site requires payment of any kind in order to access or use it.
- It is your responsibility to make any and all arrangements necessary in order to access Our Site.
- Access to Our Site is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We may alter, suspend or discontinue Our Site (or any part of it) at any time and without notice. We will not be liable to you in any way if Our Site (or any part of it) is unavailable at any time and for any period.
Intellectual Property Rights:
- All Content included on Our Site and the copyright and other intellectual property rights subsisting in that Content, unless specifically labeled otherwise, belongs to or has been licensed by Us. All Content is protected by applicable to the United Kingdom and international intellectual property laws and treaties. All rights are reserved.
- Subject to sub-Clauses 4.3 and 4.6 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, sell, rent, sub-license, store, or in any other manner re-use Content from Our Site unless given express written permission to do so by Us.
- You may: Access, view and use Our Site in a web browser (including any web browsing capability built into other types of software or app);
- Download Our Site (or any part of it) for caching;
- Print pages from Our Site;
- Download extracts from pages on Our Site; and
- Save pages from Our Site for later and/or offline viewing.
- Our status as the owner and author of the Content on Our Site (or that of identified licensors, as appropriate) must always be acknowledged.
- You may not use any Content saved or downloaded from Our Site for commercial purposes without first obtaining a license from Us (or our licensors, as appropriate) to do so. This does not prohibit the normal access, viewing and use of Our Site for general information purposes whether by business users or consumers.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits or excludes the provisions of Chapter III of the Copyrights, Designs and Patents Act 1988 ‘Acts Permitted in Relation to Copyright Works’, covering in particular the making of temporary copies; the making of personal copies for private use; research and private study; the making of copies for text and data analysis for non-commercial research; criticism, review, quotation and news reporting; caricature, parody or pastiche; and the incidental inclusion of copyright material.
Links to Our Site:
- You may link to Our Site provided that:
- You do so in a fair and legal manner;
- You do not do so in a manner that suggests any form of association, endorsement or approval on Our part where none exists;
- You do not use any logos or trademarks displayed on Our Site without Our express written permission; and
- You do not do so in a way that is calculated to damage Our reputation or to take unfair advantage of it.
- You may link to any page of Our Site provided you comply with the remainder of this Clause 5.
- You may not link to Our Site from any other site the main content of which contains material that:
- Is sexually explicit;
- Is obscene, deliberately offensive, hateful or otherwise inflammatory;
- Promotes violence;
- Promotes or assists in any form of unlawful activity;
- Discriminates against, or is in any way defamatory of, any person, group or class of persons, race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- Is designed or is otherwise likely to threaten, harass, annoy, alarm, inconvenience, upset, or embarrass another person;
- Is calculated or is otherwise likely to deceive another person;
- Is designed or is otherwise likely to infringe (or to threaten to infringe) another person’s privacy;
- Misleadingly impersonates any person or otherwise misrepresents the identity or affiliation of a person in a way that is calculated to deceive (obvious parodies are not included in this definition provided that they do not fall within any of the other provisions of this sub-Clause 5.4);
- Implies any form of affiliation with Us where none exists;
- Infringes, or assists in the infringement of, the intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, copyright, trademarks and database rights) of any other party; or
- Is made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party including, but not limited to, contractual duties and duties of confidence.
Links to Other Sites:
Links to other sites may be included on Our Site. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under our control. We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability for the content of third-party sites. The inclusion of a link to another site on Our Site is for information only and does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
- The Content on Our Site does not constitute advice on which you should rely. It is provided for general information purposes only.
- We make no representation, warranty, or guarantee that Our Site will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all software and hardware, or that it will be secure.
- We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the Content on Our Site is complete, accurate, and up-to-date. We do not, however, make any representations, warranties or guarantees (whether express or implied) that the Content is complete, accurate, or up-to-date.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, We accept no liability to any user for any loss or damage, whether foreseeable or otherwise, in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of (or inability to use) Our Site or the use of or reliance upon any Content included on Our Site.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, We exclude all representations, warranties, and guarantees (whether express or implied) that may apply to Our Site or any Content included on Our Site.
- If you are a commercial user, We accept no liability for loss of profits, sales, business or revenue; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; loss of anticipated savings; business interruption; or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- We take all reasonable steps to ensure that Our Site is free from viruses and other malware, however We accept no liability for any loss or damage resulting from a virus or other malware, a distributed denial of service attack, or other harmful material or event that may adversely affect your hardware, software, data or other material that occurs as a result of your use of Our Site (including the downloading of any Content from it) or any other site referred to on Our Site.
- We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability arising out of any disruption or non-availability of Our Site resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, natural events, acts of war, or legal restrictions and censorship.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts Our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, or for any other forms of liability which cannot be excluded or restricted by law.
Viruses, Malware and Security:
- We take all reasonable steps to ensure that Our Site is secure and free from viruses and other malware. We do not, however, guarantee that Our Site is secure or free from viruses or other malware and accept no liability in respect of the same, as detailed in sub-Clause 8.4.
- You are responsible for protecting your hardware, software, data and other material from viruses, malware, and other internet security risks.
- You must not deliberately introduce viruses or other malware, or any other material which is malicious or technologically harmful either to or via Our Site.
- You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any part of Our Site, the server on which Our Site is stored, or any other server, computer, or database connected to Our Site.
- You must not attack Our Site by means of a denial of service attack, a distributed denial-of-service attack, or by any other means.
- By breaching the provisions of sub-Clauses 9.3 to 9.5 you may be committing a criminal offense under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Any and all such breaches will be reported to the relevant law enforcement authorities and We will cooperate fully with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. Your right to use Our Site will cease immediately in the event of such a breach.
Acceptable Usage Policy:
- You may only use Our Site in a manner that is lawful. Specifically:
- You must ensure that you comply fully with any and all local, national or international laws and/or regulations;
- You must not use Our Site in any way, or for any purpose, that is unlawful or fraudulent;
- You must not use Our Site to knowingly send, upload, or in any other way transmit data that contains any form of virus or other malware, or any other code designed to adversely affect computer hardware, software, or data of any kind; and
- You must not use Our Site in any way, or for any purpose, that is intended to harm any person or persons in any way.
- We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to Our Site if you materially breach the provisions of this Clause 10 or any of the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions. Specifically, We may take one or more of the following actions:
- Suspend, whether temporarily or permanently, your right to access Our Site;
- Issue you with a written warning;
- Take legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of any and all relevant costs on an indemnity basis resulting from your breach;
- Take further legal action against you as appropriate;
- Disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as required or as We deem reasonably necessary; and/or
- Any other actions which We deem reasonably appropriate (and lawful).
- We hereby exclude any and all liability arising out of any actions (including, but not limited to those set out above) that We may take in response to breaches of these Terms and Conditions.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions:
- We may alter these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any such changes will become binding on you upon your first use of Our Site after the changes have been implemented. You are therefore advised to check this page from time to time.
- In the event of any conflict between the current version of these Terms and Conditions and any previous version(s), the provisions current and in effect shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
To contact us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or using any of the methods provided on Our contact page at /contact-us.
Communications from Us:
- If We have your contact details, we may from time to time send you important notices by email. Such notices may relate to matters including, but not limited to, service changes and changes to these Terms and Conditions.
- For questions or complaints about communications from Us (including, but not limited to marketing emails), please contact us at email@example.com or using any of the methods provided on Our contact page at /contact-us.
- Any and all personal information that We may collect will be collected, used and held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and your rights and Our obligations under that Act.
- We may use your personal information to:
- Reply to any communications you send to Us;
- Send you important notices, as detailed in Clause 14.
- We will not pass on your personal information to any third parties without your prior permission.
Law and Jurisdiction:
- These Terms and Conditions, and the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law.
- If you are a consumer, any disputes concerning these Terms and Conditions, the relationship between you and Us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland, as determined by your residency.
- If you are a business, any disputes concerning these Terms and Conditions, the relationship between you and Us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Our Business Terms and Conditions: Last updated: 31/07/2019
All prices and case sizes are correct at the time of publishing on Hides Fine Foods Ltd; we will endeavor to maintain these prices. However prices sometimes change at short notice, and Hides Fine Foods Ltd, reserves the right to pass onto the buyer any price increases imposed by its suppliers.
All new account orders will be processed on a pro forma basis, payment must
be made in advance of the goods despatching. Subsequent orders may
be on credit account, subject to the submission of satisfactory, bank and trade references checks. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for relevant forms.
Approved credit accounts, our terms are strict 10 days unless otherwise stated. Hides Fine Foods Ltd, reserve the right to remove the credit facility if payments are frequently late or unpaid.
All goods will remain the property of Hides Fine Foods Ltd until paid for in full; Consignments shall be at your risk immediately on delivery to you.
Each consignment shall remain our property until we have received payment in full. Hides Fine Food Ltd reserve the right to remove from the buyer’s premises all goods which have not been paid for by the due date, and the buyer is deemed to consent to Hides Fine Foods entering its premises to recover all stock and other returnable containers which are our property.
All products are quoted net of Value Added Tax. Vat is charged at the prevailing rate to all items marked 20.0% in the catalog. Zero-rated are all marked with 0.0%Z.
We accept payment by cheque or bank transfer. Cheques should be made payable to; Hides Fine Foods Ltd.
Delivery & Collection:
Address information is taken from the information provided when you register a new account, any changes to the delivery address will incur charges, Hides Fine Foods Ltd cannot accept liability
for late or failed delivery if the delivery address provided is incorrect or missing information. Hides Fine Foods Ltd doesn’t deliver to Po box Numbers.
Any special requirements for deliveries must be notified at the time of ordering, deliveries that are turned away without such notification must be paid for. Any delivery dates given are approximate and late delivery will not be an acceptable reason for refusing products unless the seller is informed in writing before the products are dispatched.
We ship to order for maximum shelf life, please allow 7-14 days for delivery, pallet deliveries only. See delivery map Page 2 for a breakdown of prices.
A delivery charge + Vat will be applied to orders below the free delivery value, for your delivery Zone.
Please contact email@example.com for International delivery charges.
Bespoke & Specially ordered products:
Buyers must take delivery of specially ordered products sourced for them, which are not part of the standard product range.
Goods are not available on a sale or return basis, No returns will be accepted unless prior arrangements have been made with Hides Fine Foods Ltd. A credit cannot be given for goods that are already price marked or the product is in an unsalable condition.
Hides Fine Foods Ltd are unable to give refunds for stock that remains unsold after its best before date or use-by date, it is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure correct stock rotation.
Claims, Faulty Damaged Goods:
Lost in Transit or damaged claims, should goods be damaged in transit on the receipt you must notify Hides Fine Foods Ltd,
immediately and sign for the goods as either damaged or unexamined, this needs to be confirmed in writing within 3 days of delivery. Damaged goods must be retained for inspection by Hides Fine Foods Ltd. Please provide photographs
of any damaged products. Any Items signed for as ok cannot be credited.
Substitutions and availability Hampers:
Hides Fine Foods Ltd will endeavor to supply food specified by you, in the event of non-availability or short supply Hides Fine Foods Ltd reserves the right to substitute goods of equal value and quality. You are within your rights to decline any such substituted items. In that event, you must notify us within 7 days of receipt of the goods and we will arrange collection from your premises. You will receive a refund of the value of any such goods returned to us unopened within 30 days of our receipt of the goods returned.
Hides Fine Foods Ltd shall not be liable for any delay, defect or deficiency hereunder to the extent that such delay, defect or deficiency is caused
by an event of force majeure, which affects performance by hindering, delaying or making considerably more difficult the fulfillment of commitments of the party. Labor disputes or any circumstance beyond the control of the party such as acts of God, disruption of transport, obstruction by ice, accidents, breakdowns of machinery, or delay in delivery by any third party, which is caused by force majeure.
Law & Jurisdiction:
These Terms and Conditions and any terms and conditions relating to products or services described in this catalog shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising in relation to the same shall, unless otherwise expressly agreed, be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.