Peanut and Sweet Potato Curry
– 1 tbsp coconut oil
– 2 tbsp soy sauce
– 1 can coconut milk
– 375ml vegetable stock
– 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
– 60 grams peanut butter
– 2 tbsp minced ginger
– 3 tsp minced garlic
– 1 medium onion, finely chopped
– 2 small or 1 large peeled sweet potatoes, chopped
– 2 carrots, chopped
– 1 red pepper, chopped
– 135 grams chopped kale
– Sea salt (to taste)
– chopped peanuts
– chopped coriander
- In a large pot, heat the coconut oil. Once melted, add in the garlic, onion, and ginger, until softened. Spoon in the Thai red curry paste and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add all of the ingredients, besides the kale, peppers, and salt. Reduce the heat slightly, and simmer until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Add in the kale and peppers, and simmer until the peppers are soft. Season with salt, to your taste.
- Serve with rice, and sprinkle on top the chopped peanuts and coriander.
Although this recipe is vegan, you can incorporate seafood or meat into this recipe for some added texture and protein.
The information in this article is correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. Hides Fine Foods takes no responsibility for the subsequent use or application of the information provided in this article.