Hides Fine Foods’ Chickpea Curry
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 thumb of fresh ginger, chopped
- 6 large tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp hot chilli powder
- 220g Hides Fine Foods Bulk Chick Peas
- 115 grams of coconut cream
- 1/2 lemon worth of juice
- 400g baby spinach
- Salt to season
- Rinse the Hides Fine Foods Chick Peas and leave them to soak overnight.
- Put the ginger, onion, garlic, and tomatoes into a food processor and blend until it forms a smooth paste.
- Crush the mustard seeds and coriander seeds in a pestle and mortar.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan on a medium heat, and fry the spices for 2 minutes.
- Add the onion and tomato sauce and simmer for 20 minutes. Add a splash of water if the sauce tastes a little bitter. Add the coconut cream and chickpeas and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste, and then add the spinach and lemon juice. Cook until the spinach has wilted.
- Serve with rice. Enjoy!
You can also find us here:
The information in this article is correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. Hides Fine Foods takes no responsibility for the subsequent use or application of the information provided in this article.