Makes roughly 12 cookies.
- 75g demerara sugar
- 110g self-raising flour
- 110g Hides Fine Foods Bulk Porridge Oats
- 40g Hides Fine Foods Bulk Crystallised Ginger Pieces, chopped
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- pinch of salt
- 110g butter
- 1 dessert spoon golden syrup
- Preheat your oven to 170C, 150C fan, gas mark 3
- On a low heat, melt the butter, golden syrup, and sugar in a pan.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl, and add the remainder of your dry ingredients.
- Stir your wet mixture into your dry mixture.
- Separate your mixture into 12 pieces, and shape them into rounds.
- Space them out on a lined baking tray, flattening them slightly, and bake for around 20-22 minutes until golden brown. They might feel soft to touch, but they will harden once cooled.
- Leave them to cool on the baking tray and store in an airtight container.
The information in this article is correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. Hides Fine Foods takes no responsibility for the subsequent use or application of the information provided in this article.