Hides Fine Foods’ Rich Chocolate Cake
- 125g Hides Fine Foods Bulk Dark Chocolate Flavoured Flakes
- 275 g Hides Fine Foods Bulk Golden Caster Sugar
- 100g salted butter
- 2 medium eggs
- 65 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 17 g Hides Fine Foods Bulk Cocoa Powder
- 250 ml boiling water
- 1 tbsp coffee granules (although optional)
- 250g Hides Fine Foods Bulk Dark Chocolate Flavoured Flakes
- 250ml double cream
- Preheat the oven to 150°C 30°C(fan). Grease and line a Non Stick Spring Form Cake Tin.
- Place the butter and Hides Fine Food Dark Chocolate Flavoured Flakes chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds intervals until melted, mix every 30 seconds.
- Add the oil, vanilla and Hides Fine Foods Golden Caster Sugar, and mix. Add the eggs and mix again.
- Sift the Hides Fine Foods Cocoa Powder, baking powder, flour and coffee, if you choose to include it directly into the bowl. Mix until smooth, some lumps may form. Add the hot water, and mix again.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean, but check at 50 minutes.
- Remove the sides from the tin and transfer to a cooling rack. Cool completely and then remove the base.
- Put the Hides Fine Food Dark Chocolate Flavoured Flakes and cream in a heatproof bowl. Microwave at 30 second intervals, and go through the same process as the butter and chocolate flakes before, until the chocolate melts. Don’t let cream come to a boil.
- Mix well and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours or until thickened.
- Spread over the cake, and enjoy!
You can also find us here: