Hides Fine Foods’ Coffee and Walnut Cake
- 75g Hides Fine Foods Bulk Broken Walnuts
- 225g unsalted butter, softened
- 225g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp instant coffee, mixed with 1 tbsp boiling water
- 225g self-raising flour
- 50g Hides Fine Foods Bulk Broken Walnuts (and some extra for decoration)
- 175g unsalted butter, softened
- 300g icing sugar
- 3 tbsp instant coffee, mixed with 1 tbsp boiling water
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160 fan/gas mark 4. Line two sandwich tins with greaseproof paper – we recommend 20cm tins.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Slowly alternate between adding in your beaten eggs and flour.
- Add in your coffee and broken walnuts – mix well.
- Pour half of the mixture into each tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the tin before placing them on a cooling rack.
- To make the butter cream, mix together the butter and icing sugar until fluffy, then add the coffee and walnuts. Mix thoroughly, then allow to cool in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Once the cakes are totally cooled, cover one cake with icing. Place the other cake on top, and spread the icing across that one. Decorate with the extra broken walnuts.
The information in this article is correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. Hides Fine Foods takes no responsibility for the subsequent use or application of the information provided in this article.